Subject: [reform:04903] アメリカ軍司令官がイラクの「ゲリラ戦」を宣言

From: Kouichi TOYOSHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:23:06 +0900

佐賀大学の豊島です．大学問題ではありませんが，切迫していますので・・・

一昨日のVOA放送は，米軍の司令官が，イラクが「ゲリラ戦状態」にあることを宣
言したと伝えました．まさに戦場であることを当局者が宣言したのです．これで自
衛隊を送れば，戦争に送り出すことになるのがはっきりしました．野党には是非追
及してもらいたいと思います．

VOAのホームページにもあります．短いのでこのメールに貼り付けますが，次のurl
をブラウザに打ち込めば現物が見れます．（改行は取ってつないで下さい．）

http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectid
=72FEA40F-2408-488F-B8E46191F4457952&title
=CENTCOM%3A%20US%20Facing%20Guerrilla%20War%20in%20Iraq&db
=current

CENTCOM: US Facing Guerrilla War in Iraq
VOA News
17 Jul 2003, 03:05 UTC
Email this article to a friend. Printer Friendly Version

The new head of the U.S. Central Command says U.S. troops in Iraq are facing 
a classic guerrilla war led by people loyal to ousted Iraqi leader Saddam 
Hussein.

General John Abizaid says members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party are 
among those behind the almost daily attacks on U.S.-led coalition forces. He 
says the attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated.

General Abizaid spoke at the Pentagon Wednesday, after a wave of attacks 
around Baghdad left one U.S. soldier dead and several wounded. In one 
incident, an Iraqi boy was killed when an assailant tossed a grenade at U.S. 
soldiers guarding a central Baghdad bank.

Also, a surface-to-air missile was fired at -- but missed -- a U.S. C-130 military 
transport plane as it was landing at Baghdad airport.

In another incident, the mayor of the Iraqi city of Hadithah was shot and killed 
after residents reportedly accused him of cooperating with American forces. 
U.S. military officials say Mohammed Nayil al-Jurayfi's son was also killed in the 
attack.

The attacks came on the 24th anniversary of Saddam Hussein's seizure of 
power in Iraq.

The U.S. military has been bracing for an escalation of violence this week 
because of the major importance it had for the ousted regime. Saddam 
Husseim took over as Iraq's ruler on July 16, 1979. The Baath Party seized 
power 35 years ago today, July 17, 1968.

Hostile fire has killed at least 33 U.S. soldiers since May first, when the United 
States declared major combat in the country over.

Some information for this report provided by AP, AFP and Reuters.

佐賀大学理工学部　豊島耕一
[email-masked]