Subject: [reform:04524] Re: ブッシュ、ブレアを国際刑事裁判所に！（原文）

From: "Ryuzaburo Noda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:02:15 +0900

Bush-Blair must be indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal
　Court / UN sanctions against US-UK similar to those against
Apartheid-South　Africa

Dear colleagues and friends,

In these hours the Iraqi people become victims of superpower aggression.
How　could that be justified?　
In the USA the governments and media propaganda machinery made Saddam
the　scapegoat for 9-11. We know that this is a big lie. Any operational
link　with al-Qaeda is due to ideological and political incompatibility
to be　excluded. The US government also maintained that Saddam Hussein
possesses　what the UN inspectors did not find, but what US-UK stockpile
and might even　use in case of failing to achieve Iraq's surrender:
weapons of mass　destruction.

It is time to figure out the significance of the horrors we see
happening in　front of our eyes. Five general remarks about the
aggression war against Iraq, the outcome, its significance and
possibilities for action in five　steps:

 1.
This aggression against Iraq is illegal, illegitimate and immoral. The
response of the world community must be determined and swift. People die
in the streets of Baghdad and other Iraqi cities-despite almost
universal condemnation of such an act of unprovoked aggression. Across
the globe millions already demonstrated and will continue to demonstrate
against war.
US-UK must be stopped! The UN must act!

 2.
In the practical reality the war is targeting the Iraqi people since
city-dwellers are in their large majority defenseless civilians and
pinpointing military targets is impossible. The USA is going to use
Depleted Uranium weaponry massively, and even announced it publicly,
knowing about the horrible impact these radiological-cum- nuclear
weapons have on the
middle and longer term health of the masses of the city populations in
Iraq and even on their own soldiers (in the US called 'Gulf war
syndrome'!). Thousands children died since 1991 a long antagonizing
death due to nuclear intoxication and spread of all kind of cancers and
leukemia.

 3.
The real reasons for the aggression war are not alleged support for
terrorism or possession of WMD. One of the known real reasons is the
abundant Iraqi oil reserves, thus the attempts to loot, to undermine
OPEC and drive the oil price down. The other one is in my view
geopolitical: the 3rd gulf war ushers in a new era of unilateralism and
anarchy of the state
system in which the US wants to achieve supremacy. The extremists among
Bush 's advisors and officials have been open about their aims.

 4.
Certainly unilateral war will have grave implications for the UN, the
EU, NATO and the entire multilateral framework. Let us believe that the
period of relapse into 19 century gun-boat imperialism will be short due
to the democratic possibility to change those at the helm of the present
new regression into raw imperialist onslaught.

 5.
The USA seems poised to transform into the new evil empire. Let us hope
that the period of relapse into 19 century gun-boat imperialism will be
short. What needs to be done?

i) The threat can be overcome by a world-wide coalition against the USA,

ii) Coalition building could possibly be started with an ICC indictment
of Bush and Blair as war criminals (an idea I spread recently but which
seems legally rather demanding in the case of Bush but easier in the
case of Blair).

iii) An indictment could be followed by massive UN sanctions against
US-UK similar to those against Apartheid-South Africa.

iv) As for the USA the message for impeaching Bush, Cheney and Ashcroft
conveyed by Francis Boyle and Ramsey Clark is spreading since January
2003. I may say they are very courageous men, and many of us share their
idea 100%. Though I am certain that this is an important symbolic
skirmish, their attempt will of course fail-taken the real politics in
the US Congress.

v) The surprise about the UN inactivity is not small. The UN Security
Council must meet for an emergency session. The General Assembly also
must convene. The UN system must react and declare its outrage in real
terms: sanctions, embargo, suspension of membership for the aggressor
states and other appropriate measures.

As for now, UN sanctions and the ICC indictments probably are the most
important steps.

Let us all unite against war, lawlessness and superpower arrogance,

Christian P. Scherrer

____________________

Professor at Hiroshima Peace Institute (HPI) of Hiroshima City
University,
Japan
Head, ECOR

HPI, Hiroshima Mitsui Bldg. 12F
2-7-10 Ote-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima, 730-0051 Japan
fax: +81-82-544-7573
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://serv.peace.hiroshima-cu.ac.jp/English/

> ・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
> 　          野田隆三郎（元岡山大学）
>
> 　　ＴＥＬ/FAX　086-294-4020
> 　e-mail [email-masked]
> 　
>