Subject: [reform:04497] 国連総会召集の要請

From: "Ryuzaburo Noda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:41:36 +0900

発信者の了承を得て、noforceから転送します。
（翻訳は発信者による）
以下転送。

国連決議377「平和のための結集」に基づき、国連緊急総会を開催するよう、国
連の全加盟国に、voice4changeのサイト、
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/mailUFP.asp
からメールを出すことができます。
メールアドレスと名前を記入して送信ボタン、「Send Email!」を押すだけです。

メール本文には既に雛形が記入されています。書き換えることもできます。雛
形は以下です；

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
Dear U.N. Ambassador,

親愛なる国連大使、

President Bush appears determined to wage war on Iraq despite the world's
opposition, despite the progress of UN weapons inspectors, despite the
liklihood that an unprovoked war will foment, rather than eliminate,
terrorism. The Bush Administration has threatened to attack Iraq even
without the authority of the UN Security Council. This constitutes both a
threat to world peace and to the very integrity of the UN as an
institution dedicated to "the maintenance of international peace and
security." Time is running short. This disastrous war must be prevented.

ブッシュ大統領は、世界中の反対にもかかわらず、国連の武器査察の進展にも
かかわらず、正当な理由の無い戦争がテロリズムを無くすよりはむしろ助長す
る可能性にもかかわらず、イラクに対する戦争を起こすことを決意したようで
す。ブッシュ政権は、国連安保理の許可無くイラクを攻撃すると脅しています
。これは、世界平和への脅威であると同時に、「国際平和と安全の維持」のた
めに設立された国連のまさにあり方に対する脅威でもあります。時間は無くな
りつつあります。破滅を招く戦争は、防がれねばなりません。

Therefore, I urge you to band together with other nations in support of a
"Uniting for Peace" resolution against an unprovoked invasion of Iraq.

ゆえに、私は貴国に、正当な理由の無いイラク侵略に対し、国連決議「平和の
ための結集」を支持し、他の国々とともに団結することを要請します。

As you know, Resolution 377, adopted by the UN in 1950, was made for
situations precisely like this one.

ご存知の通り、国連決議377は、1950年、国連に採用され、まさにこのような状
況のために作られました。

Uniting for Peace provides that if, because of the lack of unanimity of
the permanent members of the Security Council (France, China, Russia,
Britain, United States), the Council cannot maintain international peace
where there is a "threat to the peace, breach of the peace or act of
aggression," the General Assembly "shall consider the matter
immediately.." The General Assembly can meet within 24 hours to consider
such a matter, and can recommend collective measures to U.N. members
including the use of armed forces to "maintain or restore international
peace and security."

平和のための結集は、安保理の常任理事国（フランス、中国、ロシア、イギリ
ス、アメリカ）全ての合意が得られないため、安保理が「平和に対する脅威、
平和の妨害、あるいは侵略行為」があり国際平和を維持できない場合、国連総
会が「その問題をただちに検討する」と規定しています。国連総会は24時間以
内に会合を開き、そのような問題を検討し、国連メンバーに、武力の使用を含
め「国際平和と安全を維持あるいは回復する」ために集団的な措置を提案しま
す。

Such a "Uniting for Peace" resolution could require that no military
action be taken against Iraq without the explicit authority of the
Security Council. It could mandate that the inspectors be permitted to
complete their task. It seems unlikely that the United States and Britain
would ignore such a measure. A vote by the majority of countries in the
world, particularly if it were almost unanimous, would make the
unilateral rush to war more difficult.

そのような国連決議「平和のための結集」は、安保理のはっきりとした許可な
しにイラクに対し軍事行動をとることを要求しないでしょう。査察団が彼らの
仕事を完結すべく許可されるよう命じることでしょう。アメリカとイギリスが
そのような措置を無視することは無いでしょう。世界の大多数の国による投票
は、特にそれがもしほとんど満場一致であれば、一方的な戦争へ急ぐことをよ
り難しくするでしょう。

Uniting for Peace can be invoked either by seven members of the Security
Council or by a majority of the members of the General Assembly.

平和のための結集は安保理の7カ国、あるいは国連総会メンバーの大多数により
発動することができます。

Clearly, it our last best hope for fulfilling the mission stated in the
UN
　Charter: to "save succeeding generations form the scourge of war."

明らかにそれは私たちの最後のそして最善の、国連憲章に書かれたその使命を
果たす望みです：「後世の世代を戦禍から救う」

Please act now. It's not too late.

どうか今行動して下さい。遅くはありません。

Sincerely,

敬具

以下はこの件に関しvoice4changeから来たメールの転載です。

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Urgent Action: Stop the War on Iraq: The Uniting for Peace Resolution

The Center for Constitutional Rights is asking for your help in a very
important action. We hope to create a movement in support of the adoption
of a Uniting for Peace Resolution by the United Nations General Assembly
to prevent an attack on Iraq by the United States, the United Kingdom and
other nations. If even one country requests such a meeting, that alone
can trigger this procedure.

While in the U.N. system the Security Council has the primary
responsibility for maintaining international peace and security
throughout the world, another procedure exists to ensure peace when the
Council fails to do so. That procedure, the Uniting for Peace resolution,
allows the General Assembly to meet to consider the threat to
international peace and it can then recommend collective measures to U.N.
Members to maintain or restore peace.

If one U.N. Member State requests that a meeting be convened to consider
adoption of such a resolution and either seven Members of the Security
Council or a majority of the Members of the General Assembly agree, an
emergency special session will be called and the General Assembly will
come together to discuss the threat to international peace. We are hoping
to find the requisite support for the convening of such a session.

The United States and the United Kingdom have become increasingly vocal
about their willingness to use force against Iraq without explicit
Security Council authorization. Because of the veto power of these two
countries, the Security Council will be stymied in its responsibility to
maintain international peace and security in the Persian Gulf. In these
circumstances, the General Assembly has the right and indeed the
responsibility to assume this duty.

We urge you to contact your U.N. representative, other members of your
government, and other governments to request that they write to the
Secretary-General to call for an emergency special session under the
Uniting for Peace Resolution. Please also circulate these materials to
other groups and individuals and encourage them to do the same.

To send an e-mail all UN Member States go to:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/mailUFP.asp

For the rest of the story:
http://www.voice4change.org/stories/showstory.asp?file=030318‾v4c.asp

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

　          野田隆三郎（元岡山大学）

　　ＴＥＬ/FAX　086-294-4020
　e-mail [email-masked]