Subject: [reform:04456] 国連安保理事国への緊急請願署名

From: "Ryuzaburo Noda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:36:03 +0900

以下、amlからの転載です。
みなさん、ぜひ、３月５日中に、ご協力を。

　　　　野田隆三郎（元岡山大学）

以下、転載。

寺尾＠多治見です。

　MoveOn.org からの国連安保理事国への緊急請願署名の要請です。緊急のこと
ですので一部自信の無いところ(？を付けた個所)もありますが日本語にして転送
します。原文を下にコピーしてありますので、外国人への転送にご利用下さい。

　なお、署名サイト http://www.moveon.org/emergency/ に入ると、署名記入の
空欄がありますから、そこに必要事項を必ず半角ローマ字で、記入して下さい。
上から

氏名
e-メールアドレス
区、町名番地
市名　　県名　郵便番号
国名(これは選択でJapanなど)
あれば意見を英語で記入
Send statement をクリック

で終りです。

　転送歓迎。

　このメールは[aml]、[abolition-japan]、[article9nagoya]、
[2002CostaRica]、[g-party]、[husen]、[kenpo]、[kinyoubi]、
[kokuminrengo]、[ml-eforum]、[mlsnagoya]、[noforce]、[uketugu]、[wanet]
に送りました。重複して受けられた方には申訳ありませんが、お赦し下さい。

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Emergency Petition to the Security Council
Date: 4 Mar 2003 01:46:27 -0000
From: "Eli Pariser, MoveOn.org" <[email-masked]>
To: "TERAO Terumi" <[email-masked]>

ムーブオン支持者の皆さん

私たちは世界中の市民からの国連安全保障理事会への緊急署名を提起しました。
署名者リストと皆さんが下さったコメントを、安全保障理事会の15の理事国に3
月6日(木)に送付します。

もし数十万人が署名すれば、平和的解決をとの一点での呼掛けに世界中の人々が
加わるとういう、極めて重要で強力なメッセージになるに違いありません。その
て目には貴方の助けが必要です、しかも一刻も早く。どうか署名して下さり、友
人、同僚などの方々に、「今日」署名して下さるようお願いして下さい。署名は

   http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

でして下さい。

次週、国連安全保障理事会はイラクに対する戦争を認める決議を行なうために理
事会を開催することになると思われます。もし理事会がこの第二の決議を可決す
れば、戦争を回避することはとても難しくなるでしょう。しかしもし決議の賛成
票が不足すれば、ブッシュ政権のイラク侵略占領計画にとって大きな打撃になる
でしょう。

アメリカでそして世界中で、私たちの仲間数百万人がイラクへの戦争に反対して
います。強力な査察によって、一人の命も失うことなくサダム・フセインを武装
解除することは可能だと私たちは信じています。この週は戦争の始まる前に私た
ちが勝利する最後のチャンスなのかもしれません。

最悪以下のようになる危険性は十分にあります(？原文：The stakes couldn't
really be much higher.)。イラクとの戦争になればイラクの一般民衆が何十万
人も殺され、中東に火を付けることになります。現計画に従うとアメリカによる
この国の占領は何年も続ける必要があります。そしてそれは想像するだに恐ろし
い仕方でエスカレートする可能性があります。

私たちはこの悲劇が現実になることを止めることができます。そのためにはいっ
しょに声を出す必要があります、それも今すぐに。世界市民の思いを安保理事会
に示そうではありませんか。貴方の声を

   http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

で加えて下さい。

それから友人、家族、同僚、お知り合いなど、このことに関心をお持ちの方々ど
なたにでも、今日にも署名して下さるようお願いして下さい。ニューヨークタイ
ムスがいみじくも書いたように「この地球にはまだ二大強国が存在すると言って
もよい：アメリカと世界市民の意見である」。ブッシュ政権はその力を誇示し続
けてきました。今度は私たちが私たちの力を示してやりましょう。

どうぞよろしく。
エリ・パリザー
国際キャンペーン部長
ムーブオン・オーグ
2003年3月3日

P.S.　署名リストと共に安保理事会理事国に送る手紙を下に載せます。

国連安保理事会理事国　殿

謹啓

私たちは世界中の国の市民です。私たちは貴国が重要な役割をおもちの決定―イ
ラク武装解除の方策の決定―によって影響を受けるに違いないので、一緒に声を
あげております。、

国際連合憲章の前文に挙げられている国連の存在理由の第一は「われらの一生の
うちに二度まで言語に絶する悲哀を人類に与えた戦争の惨禍から将来の世代を
救」うことであるとあります。もし貴国がイラクへの戦争を認める安保理事会決
議を支持すれば、この憲章に真っ向から反することになります。貴国は不必要な
戦争―即座に、また未知の結果の中で、「言語に絶する悲哀を人類に」再びもたら
すことになる戦争―を支持することになるのです。

ブッシュ大統領はイラクへの戦争を認めることでしか国際連合はその存在意義を
証明できない、と言っています。私たちは逆だと主張します。もし安全保障理事
会が一理事国によって完全に支配されるようなことを許すならば、しかも実行可
能な代案、良識と世界中の市民の意志があるにもかかわらずそのようなことを許
すならば、安全保障理事会はその役割を無にし、その有効性を低め、そして人類
の意志に対して権威を落とすことになるでしょう。

私たちはこの戦争を支持しません。数百の国の数十億の市民の、そしてその生活
が貴国がとる選択によって決められてしまうこれからの世代のために、私たちは
帰国がブッシュ政権の圧力に敢然として屈することなく、イラクへの厳しい査察
を支援されることを求めるものです。世界中の眼が貴国をみつめております。

敬具
[人数]世界の市民

―――――――――――――

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Emergency Petition to the Security Council
Date: 4 Mar 2003 01:46:27 -0000
From: "Eli Pariser, MoveOn.org" <[email-masked]>
To: "TERAO Terumi" <[email-masked]>

Dear MoveOn member,

We've launched an emergency petition from citizens around the
world to the U.N. Security Council.  We'll be delivering the
list of signers and your comments to the 15 member states of
the Security Council on THURSDAY, MARCH 6.

If hundreds of thousands of us sign, it could be an enormously
important and powerful message -- people from all over the
world joining in a single call for a peaceful solution.  But
we really need your help, and soon.  Please sign and ask your
friends and colleagues to sign TODAY at:

   http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

In the next week, the U.N. Security Council will likely meet
to decide on authorizing a war against Iraq.  If the Council
votes to accept a second resolution, it'll be very difficult
to avert a war.  But if the resolution doesn't get enough
votes, it'll be a major setback for the Bush Administration's
plans to invade and occupy Iraq.

In the United States and around the world, millions of us
oppose a war against Iraq.  We believe that tough inspections
can disarm Saddam Hussein without the loss of a single life.
This week may represent our last chance to win without war.

The stakes couldn't really be much higher.   A war with Iraq
could kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and inflame
the Middle East.  According to current plans, it would require
an American occupation of the country for years to come.  And
it could escalate in ways that are horrifying to imagine.

We can stop this tragedy from unfolding.  But we need to speak
together, and we need to do so now.  Let's show the Security
Council what world citizens think.  You can add your voice at:

   http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

Then please ask your friends, family, colleagues,
acquaintances -- anyone you know who shares this concern -- to
sign on today.  As the New York Times put it, "there may still
be two superpowers on the planet: the United States and world
public opinion."   The Bush Administration's been flexing its
muscles.  Now let's flex ours.

Sincerely,
--Eli Pariser
  International Campaigns Director
  MoveOn.org
  March 3rd, 2003

P.S. Here's the letter we'll be delivering to the Security
Council members along with the petition:

Dear Member of the U.N. Security Council,

We are citizens from countries all over the world.  We are
speaking together because we will all be affected by a
decision in which your country has a major part -- the
decision of how to disarm Iraq.

The first reason for its existence listed in the Preamble to
the Charter of the United Nations is "to save succeeding
generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our
lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind."  If your
country supports a Security Council resolution that would
authorize a war on Iraq, you will directly contradict that
charter.  You will be supporting an unnecessary war -- a
war which immediately, and in its unknown consequences,
could bring "untold sorrow to mankind" once again.

The U.N. was created to enable peaceful alternatives to
conflict.  The weapons inspections under way are a perfect
example of just such an alternative, and their growing
success is a testament to the potential power the U.N. holds.
By supporting tough inspections instead of war, you can show
the world a real way to resolve conflict without bloodshed.
But if you back a war, it will undermine the very premise
upon which the U.N. was built.

President Bush argues that only by endorsing a war on Iraq
can the United Nations prove its relevance.  We argue the
opposite.  If the Security Council allows itself to be
completely swayed by one member nation, in the face of viable
alternatives, common sense and world public opinion, then it
will be diminished in its role, effectiveness, and in the
opinion of humankind.

We do not support this war.  For billions of citizens in
hundreds of countries, and for the future generations whose
lives will be shaped by the choice you make, we ask that you
stand firm against the pressuring of the Bush Administration,
and support tough inspections for Iraq.  The eyes of the
world are on you.

Sincerely,
[Number] citizens of the world.

________________

This is a message from MoveOn.org. To remove yourself from
this list, please visit our subscription management page at:
http://moveon.org/s?i=1127-1157981-2oHnQApItVR60LG4pOBB5g

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

　          野田隆三郎

　　ＴＥＬ/FAX　086-294-4020
　e-mail [email-masked]