Subject: [reform:04454] アメリカの高校生が戦争に反対してストライキ

From: "Ryuzaburo Noda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:21:40 +0900

３月５日（水）アメリカの高校生が戦争に反対してストライキ
を計画、世界各国にも広がってるそうです。
　　　http://nyspc.net/actions.html
　　　http://www.nyspc.net/intlstrike.html

　ニューヨークタイムズによれば３０−４０％の高校が参加
の見込みとのこと。

以下はニューヨークタイムズ３月２日

Student Groups Plan Walkout to Protest War
By TAMAR LEWIN

Students at hundreds of high schools and colleges nationwide are planning
a walkout on Wednesday to protest the Bush administration's plans for war
in Iraq. 

The student strike is being coordinated by the National Youth and Student
Peace Coalition, an organization of 15 student groups that came together
after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The coalition, which calls the
action "Books not Bombs," has linked student protests against war in Iraq
with a call for better-financed schools. 

"We're getting about 10 schools a day contacting us to participate, and
it's probably about 35-40 percent high schools," said Andy Burns, an
organizer who is signing up schools from his office in Little Rock, Ark.

Mr. Burns said he expected about 300 colleges and high schools to
participate in the walkout. 

Many of the students organizing next week's action have portrayed the
latest round of tuition increases at state colleges and universities as a
"war tax" on the poor. 

"We're walking out of our classes because it's completely ridiculous that
students in Iraq, who are exactly the same as us, will have to face the
consequences of a unilateral war," said Amanda Flott, a University of
Kansas student who is a spokeswoman for the coalition. "Also, at a time
when many students are already priced out of higher education, the
increase in funding for the military will decrease the money available
for education, all to support a war that in my mind is not justifiable."