Subject: [reform:04347] 東京農工大学でイラク攻撃反対集会（再送）

From: TARAO Mitsunori <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:44:24 +0900

昨日お送りしたメールが文字化けしていましたので，再送します。申し訳ございません。

　東京農工大学でも去る12月５日に，農学部キャンパス生協前で米英によるイラク攻撃反対集会を開きましたのでお知らせします。
　教職員・生協職員・学生あわせて約20人が参加しました。参加者からのスピーチの後，以下のアピールを決議しました（内容は反核医師の会の署名から一部借用）。アピールは米英大使宛に郵送しました。
　ちょうどイージス艦のインド洋派遣が決まった日だったこともあるのに，学生の反応は冷ややかでした。環境を看板にする学科がふたつもある大学なのだから，学生の参加がもっとあるかと思ったのですが，甘かったです。環境に優しい戦争があると思っているのかも知れません。新聞にも数社に取材依頼をしたにも関わらず，どこの新聞社も取材にきてくれませんでした。朝日新聞岡山支局に取材依頼をすればよかったかも知れません。
＝＝＝＝＝＝以下，アピール（和文・英文）＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝＝
アメリカとイギリスによるイラクへの戦争に反対する
東京農工大学教職員・学生有志のアピール
2002年12月５日
　私たち、東京農工大学の教職員と学生は、アメリカ合衆国・ブッシュ政権とイギリス・ブレア政権によるイラクに対する先制攻撃作戦計画に反対であることを表明し、その中止を要請します。
　イラクにおける戦争が、イスラエルとその近隣をふくむ広範な地域の紛争と、核兵器その他の大量破壊兵器を使用する威嚇にエスカレートすることを、私たちは憂慮します。もしイラクが大量破壊兵器の使用能力を保持していれば、イラクに対する戦争は、イラクに米英軍とその同盟国、およびイスラエルに対する大量破壊兵器使用に踏み切らせ、場合によっては、核による報復をまねくかもしれません。
　イラクに対する戦争は、莫大な数の市民および軍人の死傷者をもたらします。イラクに対する戦争は、中東地域を不安定にし、西側諸国とイスラム諸国の対立を促進し、テロリスト分子の増殖を加速し、米英およびこの戦争を支援する同盟国の市民に向けたさらなる報復の危険性を高めるでしょう。
　非軍事的手段こそ、イラクの軍事的脅威に有効に対処しえる方法であり、イラクの人々を苦しめている悲惨な非人道的状態を改善し、国際社会の安全保障上の利益を確保する最良の道です。したがって私たちは、国際法にもとづく解決と、国連憲章の第一義的尊重を要求します。私たちは、イラクに対する国連査察の再開を支持し、査察作業と国連安全保障理事会への報告が妨害されずになされることを要求します。 
　戦争は最悪の環境破壊です。戦争を回避することは、私たちの将来の世代に対する責任であることを確認し、米英両国にもその責任を自覚することを求めます。
　以上。
Staffs and students of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology concerned in wars
Appeal to Oppose War Against Iraq by US and UK
	We, staffs and students of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, declare ourselves against the plan for preemptive first strike on Iraq by the Bush administration of the United States of America, and the Blair administration of the United Kingdom, and ask not to strike the country.
	We are deeply concerned that war on Iraq could escalate into a wider regional conflict involving Israel and neighboring countries, threatening the use of nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction (WMD). If Iraq does have a WMD capacity, a direct attack on that country would be the most likely way of ensuring that Iraq would use WMD either against the US and the UK force and their allied countries or against Israel, possibly resulting in nuclear retaliation.
	We believe that a war against Iraq would cause heavy casualties, both civilian and military. A war against Iraq would destabilize the Middle East, strengthen the growing conflict between the West and Islamic nations, stimulate the further growth of terrorist elements, and risk future retaliation against civilians in the US and the UK and allied countries that support such an action.
	We believe that non-military measures can effectively address the military threat from Iraq, and alleviate the humanitarian disaster afflicting its people, and will best serve the security interests of the international community.  We therefore support a settlement based on international law and the primacy of the UN Charter.  We support the redeployment of UN weapons inspectors into Iraq, who must be given unfettered access to do their work and report back to the Security Council.
	War is the worst destruction of environment.  We confirm that we are responsible to our future generation for avoiding war, and ask both the US and the UK to be conscious of their responsibility.
Concluded.
December 5, 2002.

==============================================
多羅尾光徳（TARAO, Mitsunori）
東京農工大学農学部　環境資源科学科環境微生物学研究室
〒183-8509　東京都府中市幸町3-5-8
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: 042-367-5852（直通）
Fax: 042-367-5731（共同）
◆アメリカの戦争に国民を動員する有事法制に反対しよう◆
◆アメリカはイラクへの戦争を始めるな◆
==============================================