Subject: [mathfp 1717] Support Students Racially Profiled, カリフォルニアで反戦行動で拘束された学生の解放を求める請願：Brutalized by Cops at Anti-War Protest

From: asada akira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:32:39 +0900

浅田です。
　今月11日　カリフォルニアのDe Anza Community College, Cupertino校での
パウエル講演会に抗議した学生のうち8人（すべて有色人種で6人がムスリム・1
人が黒人）が拘束されました。　彼らの解放を求める請願です（洲は最後のNone
を選択　国の項もあります）。

SUPPORT STUDENTS RACIALLY PROFILED &
BRUTALLY ARRESTED AT CAMPUS ANTI-WAR PROTEST

TAKE ACTION to Demand: Drop the Charges Now!

*     *     *     *     *

STATEMENT FROM YOUTH AND STUDENT A.N.S.W.E.R.

Three days of protest engulfed De Anza Community College in Cupertino, 
California when former Secretary of State Colin Powell came to speak 
November 9-11, 2005. On Friday, November 11 over 150 protesters rallied 
militantly outside the hall where Powell was speaking. One person was 
arrested inside the hall disrupting Powell's speech. Outside the hall, 
Campus Police, San Jose City Police and Santa Clara County Sheriffs - 
some in riot gear - engaged in racial and religious profiling. Sheriffs 
brutally arrested seven students singled out from among the protesters - 
all of whom were people of color, six of whom were Muslim, one of whom 
was African American.

Many of the students arrested outside the hall had just come over to the 
protest from an evening Islamic prayer meeting held on campus. They were 
engaged in lawful free speech activities. The arrests of the students 
racially and religiously profiled were particularly brutal.

以下略：　反戦行動に対する弾圧とともに人種差別的であることが問題とされて
います。

*     *     *     *     *

The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition has set up an easy-to-use mechanism to send a 
message to District Attorney of Santa Clara County George Kennedy to 
demand that all charges against the De Anza College students arrested 
November 11 be dropped, and the Sheriffs Department be held accountable 
and punished for racial and religious profiling, as well as brutality. 
We have provided a sample letter, but you can customize your message to 
get your point across.

Please take a moment now to send your message today by clicking here:
http://www.pephost.org/site/R?i=PoT34hV6MvWLUmis-9WQag..