Subject: [mathfp 1694] Fw: 小泉参拝報道(海外)

From: yutaka saburi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:38:01 +0900

佐分利です

ピープルズ・プラン研究所の ML を通じて、小泉首相の靖国参拝に関する韓・中
・台での報道の紹介がありましたので、転送します。
ただし、英語のままですみません。

http://www.iht.com/getina/files/283196.html
Koreans react bitterly to shrine visit in Japan
JoongAng Daily Korea | Ser Myo-ja

KOREA

Japan's prime minister, Junichiro Koizumi, paid another well-publicized
visit to a controversial war shrine yesterday, and the reaction in Seoul
was bitter outrage.

The presidential spokesman, Kim Man-soo, told the press after the visit,
"Until recently, we have talked about bilateral leaders' meetings, but
now I am forced to say we are no longer considering a meeting." He was
referring to tentative plans for President Roh Moo-hyun to travel to
Japan in December to meet with Mr. Koizumi. Neither, the spokesman said,
would Mr. Roh meet his Japanese counterpart one-on-one at the Asia
Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Busan next month.

The angry words came after Mr. Koizumi visited Yasukuni Shrine yesterday
morning, his fifth visit there since he became prime minister in 2001.
What sets the shrine, built in 1869, apart from any nation's military
cemetery where war dead are honored, is a series of tablets honoring 14
World War II leaders who were convicted of war crimes and hanged by the
victorious allies after the war. Also commemorated are 21,000 Korean
conscripts in the Japanese Army who were war casualties.

A Japanese government spokesman, Hiroyuki Hosoda, said Mr. Koizumi
visited the shrine in his personal capacity, not as prime minister.

Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon summoned Japan's ambassador to Korea,
Shotaro Oshima, to lodge a complaint. "The South Korean government has
been asking the Japanese leader not to pay his respects at a symbol of
Japan's aggression and imperialism," Mr. Ban reportedly told the
Japanese envoy. "It is not an exaggeration to call the shrine visits the
most critical factor in strained South Korea-Japan relations."

The Blue House spokesman made that veiled threat more explicit. "The
Japanese government will be responsible for any aftermath of the visit,"
he warned. "Mr. Koizumi's latest shrine visit will definitely influence
the two countries' relations."

China also warned Japan about the visits, but its initial reaction
seemed less strident than Seoul's.

"China has consistently objected when Japanese politicians pay respects
at the shrine," Wang Yi, China's ambassador to Japan, told the press
there. "Japan must bear the responsibility for damaging China-Japan
relations."

by Ser Myo-ja <[email-masked]>

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200510/17/200510172305258279900090409041.html
2005 JoongAng Daily

===========
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=56247
China cancels Japan FM visit, cites "serious situation"

Beijing (dpa) - China has cancelled a planned visit by Japan's foreign
minister amid the "serious situation" in bilateral ties, Beijing said
Tuesday following Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's latest
visit to a controversial war shrine.

"Because China-Japan relations are in a serious situation, we are not in
a position to receive this visit," Foreign Ministry spokesman Kong Quan
told reporters about the cancellation of the visit by Foreign Minister
Nobutaka Machimura.

The ministry had not previously announced the visit, but Japan's Kyodo
news agency said it had been scheduled to begin on Sunday.

Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Hiroyuki Hosoda said despite China's
rejection they will push for Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura's visit
to China.

"There is still time," Hosoda said, indicating that Tokyo is still
trying to arrange the visit.

On Monday, Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing summoned the Japanese
ambassador, warning him that Koizumi risked "serious political
consequences" by visiting the Yasukuni shrine.

"Koizumi should bear all the responsibility for his wrongdoings and for
the serious political consequences," state media quoted Li as telling
Japanese ambassador Koreshige Anami.

"The Chinese government and people express their strong indignation," he
said.

China also allowed the first anti-Japanese protest in the capital for
six months on Monday.

About a dozen protesters chanted anti-Japanese slogans and handed in a
petition to the Japanese embassy in Beijing, as dozens of uniformed,
plain-clothes and riot police waited nearby.

Kong said the government would consider any applications to stage more
protests this weekend "in accordance with the law".

The Yakusuni shrine honours the 2.47 million Japanese who died in wars
since the mid-19th century, including 14 Class-A war criminals convicted
for atrocities committed during World War II.

China in particular suffered under the Japanese occupation, which
included the brutal massacre by the Japanese Imperial Army of some
300,000 people in Nanking in late 1937-early 1938.

==============
http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=9&id=352329
Taiwan urges Japan to face up to history

Send to a friendPrint

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 at 02:00 JST
TAIPEI ― Taiwan's Foreign Ministry on Monday called on Japan to face up
to history following Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's visit
to the war-linked Yasukuni Shrine despite fierce protests from
neighboring countries.

"Taiwan and Japan have enjoyed amicable relations. We still hope that
Japan can squarely face its World War II history and to look into the
future with proactive thinking," ministry spokesman Michel Lu said.

2005 Kyodo News. All rights reserved. No reproduction or republication
without written permission.