Subject: [mathfp 1673] ハイチでの貧民虐殺阻止の請願

From: asada akira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:40:16 +0900

転送です。　浅田

　ハイチではアメリカが民主的に選ばれたアリスチド大統領を追放し　その後混
乱が続き貧しい人達が虐殺される危機にあります。
　この事態を防ぐブッシュ大統領や関係政治家への請願が下記のサイトでできま
す。stateはother を選択　手紙の終わりにfrom Japan を書き加える必要があり
ます。

*URGENT ALERT ON BEHALF OF HAITI!!*

        * *U.S./U.N. Out of Haiti! *
        * *Stop the Massacres! *
        * *Free ALL Political Prisoners! *
        * *Restore Pres. Aristide!*

Please join our online campaign to demand U.S. / U.N. Get Out of Haiti 
Now, Stop the Massacres, and Return Democratically elected President 
Jean Bertrand Aristide to Power, by sending emails to President Bush, 
your senators, your congressperson, key congressional leaders and the UN 
telling them you want the U.S., its military and the C.I.A. Out of Haiti 
NOW!
 
Go to *http://www.iacenter.org/haiticampaign.shtml*
 
for the following letter to be sent in your name:
 
Sample Text (you will be able to edit it on the website):
 
........................................................
 
President Bush, Senators, Congressional Representatives and Secretary 
General Kofi Annan:
 
On Feb. 29, 2004, U.S. Marines kidnapped the democratically elected 
president of Haiti, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, forcing him to fly to the 
Central African Republic and overthrowing his government (Washington 
Post, March 16, 2004 - "Aristide Back in Caribbean Heat - Before 
Arriving in Jamaica, Haitian Details 'Coup' by U.S." - 
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61549-2004Mar15.html). 
Since that time, the U.S.-installed and -supported illegitimate 
government of Haiti has been responsible for the murder of thousands of 
trade union, community and political activists. It has imprisoned 
thousands more. It has committed all these crimes with the complete 
complicity of the Bush administration.
 
The repression of the people of Haiti at the hands of the US/UN 
occupation forces continues unabated. On July 6, 2005, United Nations 
forces (MINUSTAH) invaded Cit薛Soleil. Over 300 UN/MINUSTAH troops 
supported by tanks and helicopter gunships carried out this outrageous, 
criminal attack. Eyewitness accounts, photos and video have documented 
this all-out military assault against the supporters of President 
Aristide. UN/MINSUTAH forces firing indiscriminately killed and wounded 
dozens of women, children and men.
 
On July 14 UN/MINUSTAH forces again attacked Cit薛Soleil. This time they 
were responsible for killing three young children who were asleep in 
their homes. UN officials have claimed that UN/MINUSTAH was chasing 
"bandits." It has been well documented, however, that Assistant 
Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Roger Noriega and U.S. 
Ambassador to Haiti James Foley are in fact calling the shots. The two 
U.S. officials have demanded that the UN/MINUSTAH take tougher action 
against Fanmi Lavalas and other popular forces who are organizing 
against the occupation (The Guardian Unlimited, July 18, 2005 - "6/7: 
The Massacre of the Poor That the World Ignored" -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,5673,1530800,00.html);
 
This must stop and it must stop now!
 
The situation for the thousands of political prisoners in Haiti has 
become desperate. This is especially true for Prime Minister Yvon 
Neptune; legendary Fanmi Lavalas activist and singer So-Anne and most 
recently Father Jean-Juste.
 
Prime Minister Yvon Neptune has been imprisoned for over a year and like 
many others, has never been charged with a crime. In spite of poor 
health, Neptune has been on a hunger strike for the past several months 
demanding that he either be released or formally charged.
 
So-Anne has also been imprisoned for over a year. On May 10, 2004, in 
the middle of the night, heavily armed U.S. Marines blew open the door 
to So-Anne's house and arrested nine members of her family including her 
5-year-old granddaughter.
 
Father Jean-Juste was arrested on July 21, 2005, while attending the 
funeral for Haitian journalist, Jacques Roche, a strong supporter of the 
coup. He was initially charged with the murder of Roche. When it was 
shown that Father Jean-Juste was in Miami at the time of the killing, 
the charges were changed to kidnapping. Like many others he has never 
seen a judge nor has he been formally charged. Fr. Jean-Juste is 
considered second to Aristide inside the Fanmi Lavalas party.
 
These are just a few of the more famous prisoners being held.
 
In 2000 President Aristide was elected to a second term with 92 percent 
of the vote. Almost from day one the U.S. government demanded 
concessions from Aristide and imposed economic sanctions on Haiti, 
denying food, medicine and other necessities of life to the population. 
During this same period the U.S. actively supported the so-called 
"Democratic Convergence," the right-wing opposition, both economically 
and politically.
 
President Aristide is currently in exile in South Africa. Haiti is one 
of the poorest countries in the world, impoverished by centuries of 
slavery and colonial exploitation by France, Canada and the U.S. Since 
the February 2004 coup, living conditions for the Haitian people have 
deteriorated significantly. While the wealthy are wining and dining, the 
vast majority of the people are living on less than $1 a day in spite of 
the fact that Haiti has coffee, sugar and uranium as well as a deep 
water port.
 
This is an outrageous injustice!
 
I stand in solidarity with my Haitian sisters and brothers as well as 
people throughout the world and demand that:
 
ALL political prisoners currently held in Haiti be immediately released 
and that the violent and systematic repression of trade union, 
community, Fanmi Lavalas activists and all popular forces end 
immediately! The U.S. government must stop aiding and arming the 
terrorist, paramilitary groups that interim Prime Minister Gerard 
Latortue relies on to terrorize the people of Haiti.
 
ALL U.S. and UN/MINUSTAH troops must be withdrawn today!
 
The U.S. government must stop supplying weapons to the illegitimate 
government of Haiti! These weapons are being used against the people of 
Haiti who have a right to resist this illegal and criminal occupation.
 
President Aristide must be allowed to return to Haiti and reclaim his 
position as President of Haiti.
 
Sincerely,

-------

International Action Center
39 West 14th St, Suite 206
New York, NY 10011
212-633-6646
[email-masked]
http://www.iacenter.org

Please consider *donating* to the important work of the IAC at the 
following link:
*http://www.iacenter.org/iacdonate.shtml*

______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Anyone can subscribe. 
Send an email request to
[email-masked]
 
To unsubscribe [email-masked]

Subscribing and unsubscribing can also be done on the Web at
http://www.organizerweb.com/mailman/listinfo/action.news