Subject: [mathfp 1671] New Jewish settlement in the Muslim Quarter

From: asada akira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:43:16 +0900

転送です。　浅田
　ガザ撤退のニュースが伝えられていますが、その陰でエルサレムのイスラム地
区にユダヤ人住居を建設する計画が進められているそうです。
　この計画を進めないよう関係方面に手紙を送るサイトが紹介されています。(
Stte のところは最後に出るother を選択）。

Plan to Build New Jewish Settlement in the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem 

Under the cover of the Gaza disengagement, the city of Jerusalem has 
just approved a plan to build Jewish homes in the center of the Muslim 
Quarter of the city. This area houses 10 times more people than in any 
other place in Jerusalem. For the last several years, right-wing 
American Jew Irving Moskowitz has poured millions of dollars into 
building a Jewish settler presence in Arab East Jerusalem. The residents 
of these homes live under heavy security, with machine gun-wielding 
guards overlooking the neighbors below. This arrangement has already 
caused tension with Palestinian neighbors.

[Jewish settler homes in East Jerusalem] The new plan to build homes and 
a synagogue for 150 Jews in the Muslim Quarter of the Old City of 
Jerusalem is different -- it's not privately funded. Instead, it's 
funded by the Israeli government, with US taxpayer support. Senior 
Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat said about the plan, "This is pouring 
fuel on the fire. We ask that the international community intervene 
immediately to stop such actions."

Go to the address below to send a letter to US representatives and to 
Israeli representatives, and urge a halt to this project:

http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/jvfp/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1127

If you are able, please call Israeli officials at the phone numbers 
below:

Minister of the Interior Ofir Pines +972 2 566 6376
Minister for Building and Infrastructure Isaac Herzog +972 2 582 4111
Director of Jerusalem District Planning Ruth Yosef +972 2 629 0216/*Your 
email ID. <diaEmailID='32586500'/>--*/